The Adventures of Horus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Adventures of Horus

Post by SauronRevo on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:36 am

Chapter 1
The First Mission

[Horus]
I walked down a hall, then turned and knocked on a door. The door then slid open and I saw a wolf with grey fur that was wearing a black suit with a red tie sitting at the desk. I walked inside and the door closed behind me, but I didn't even bother to turn around. "You wanted me?" I asked. The wolf turned around and faced me, smiling. He was a happy fellow, and my boss. "I've got a new mission for you" The wolf said, he turned his chair and opened a filing cabinet. The wolf pulled out a folder and handed it to me. I opened the folder and scanned through it, looking at the pictures. After about 10 seconds of scanning the folder, I looked back up at the wolf, who was already back to work at his desk. I quickly scanned the folder again, "Got it" I said, then put the folder back on his desk. Their was a ding from the wolf's computer, "I have sent the briefing to your phone, just incase if you need to be rebriefed" The wolf said,
"Doubt it..." I replied,
"I know, but it's required" The wolf replied.
I nodded, even though the wolf wasn't looking at me, then I checked my phone to make sure the briefing was there, it was, and at the bottom it was signed "King", the wolf's self-given nickname. "See ya, King" I said as I turned towards the door. King pressed a button and the door opened. I walked outside an heard the door close behind me.

I walked to the parking garage and went up to the third floor, where my car was parked. A black sports car with tinted black windows. I looked around to make sure no one was around, then I looked underneath the car, making sure my car hadn't been tampered with. Then I stood up and looked over the top of the car, then I decided it was safe. I unlocked the car doors, opened mine, then got inside and slammed my door shut. I put the keys into the ignition and turned it, starting the car. I backed out and went down to the first floor, paid for my parking, then drove my car out of the garage.

About 50 miles later, I saw a large building in the middle of nowhere, it looked like a labratory, "Guess this is the right place" I thought out loud. I pulled into the parking lot and parked my car, then I got out and locked my car. I took another look at the building, it was painted a light grey, almost white color and it looked relatively new. The building was about 5 stories tall. "I hope this is the right place..." I thought out loud. I walked inside, then looked around, "Can I help you?" I heard a female voice call out from behind a desk. I looked to where I heard the voice come from, there was a female cat with orange skin wearing a light green dress shirt, but below her was behind the desk, so I couldn't see what else she was wearing. "Uhm... Yeah, is this the Sonic Labratory?" I asked, "No, this is the Genius Labratory, but thanks for dropping by" She replied. 'I got the right place' I thought, "Oh, thanks anyways" I said, then I walked outside. I looked around for another way to reach the top floor, where I knew the device was.

I walked around the building and saw a fire escape, 'Perfect' I thought, I started climbing the fire escape until I reached the top floor. I stopped and thought for a moment, I could break the door open which would probably sound the fire alarm, but then there woukd be to many people outside and I wouldn't be able to leave, not to mention the fire department would send people here. I looked up, the roof was about ten feet above me, 'I'll just climb to the roof and sneak into the room with the device' I thought. I knew this would be somewhat hard since I had no run-up, I jumped two feet, then started flapping my wings, which brought me just high enough that I could plant my elbow ontop of the roof and pull myself up. Once I was up, I walked around until I was 90% sure I was right above the room. I then opened my phone and checked the briefing, there was no map, but according to the briefing the room should be in the back right corner of the building on the top floor. I was now 96% sure, King didn't normally get his facts wrong, but he almost killed me once by being wrong. I grabbed what looked like a pen from my pocket, then pressed the button to make the lead pop out, but instead it made a extremely sharp piece of adminium pop out. Adminium is an extremely strong and almost unbreakable piece of metal. The piece of metal was about 3 inches long, just long enough to help get through most objects, but short enough to be able to fit inside the pen. I stabbed the pen into the roof and made a large circle. I pressed the button on the pen again and put the pen back inside my pocket. I then kicked the circle and it broke and flew down into the room. I listened for a second to make sure no one heard it. I didn't hear anyone, infact, it sounded like the top floor was deserted. I dropped inside and instantly heard an alarm sound, "Oh great..." I mumbled, I quickly barricaded the door and looked around for the device. It had only been about a minute before I started hearing footsteps. "Hurry up! Hurry up!" I told myself under my breath, I still hadn't found the device and the footsteps were getting louder and closer. I opened a filing cabinet but I didn't see anything inside it except for folders, so I then closed it, knowing the device was to big to fit into a folder. The footsteps were right outside the door now and I heard them banging on the door, trying to break it open. "You've got ten seconds left, hurry up!" I told myself again under my breath. I saw another filing cabinet, but this one had a lock on it. I quickly pulled out my pen, pressed the button, and jabbed it into the lock, breaking the lock almost instantly. I pressed the button on my pen and quickly put it back into my pocket again as I looked inside the cabinet. 'Two seconds left' I thought, then I saw the device inside the cabinet, I quickly grabbed it and stuffed it into my pocket. The door burst open and security guards ran into the room, I quickly turned around so they wouldn't see my face, then flew out of the hole I came from, just barely dodging hundreds of bullets from their machine guns.

I looked around, then jumped off the roof as I heard the door to the fire escape behind me open. After falling about two stories I started flapping my wings, slowing my descent. I heard gunshots behind me as the security guards opened fire, trying to retrieve the device. Lucky for me, they were bad shots. I soon landed and sprinted towards my car at full speed. I unlocked the doors before I was even within ten feet of the car. I reached my car in about a second and opened the door, then I jumped inside my car and slammed the door shut, put my keys in the ignition and twisted them, then pulled out and drove off. I was going about 100 miles per hour, making sure their was no one following me.

After about half a minute of driving, I slowed down to the speed limit of 65, making sure that I wouldn't be pulled over by any cops.

I got back to the parking garage almost an hour later, then parked in my normal spot. I walked back to my base, then walked inside, and almost instantly saw a dog with yellow fur who was wearing grey pants, a red shirt, red shoes, and grey gloves with a red stripe down the middle, he also had two yellow tufts of hair poked up like a mohawk. "Hey, Horus!" He said, "Hey, Rover" I said back to him. A grin grew over Rover's face, I could tell it was because I remembered his name, so I just ignored it and kept walking. "Cya" Rover called out, I just waved back.

I was soon back at the outside of King's room. I knocked on the door, but strangely, it didn't open. I knocked again and the door still didn't open. "King?!" I called as I knocked on the door one more time, even louder this time, then the door opened. I walked inside, "What took you so long?" I asked, concerned. "I was talking to someone..." King replied as the door behind me closed. I could tell that I looked puzzled. "Behind you" King said, calmly. I turned around, then saw a female fox with grey skin, black pants, and a black, long-sleeve shirt. She had black hair that covered one of her eyes, her visible eye was red. "Who's this?" I asked, "This is Liann" King replied. "Liann, meet Horus. Horus, meet Liann" He said. "Hi" I said to her, then turned to King, without giving her chance to reply. King looked upset, "What?" I asked, King shook his head. "Don't be so rude to your new partner" He said, "Partner?!" I exclaimed and asked at the same time. King nodded, "But I don't need a partner" I said, "You don't think that you need a new partner, but I think you do" King said. "But-" I started, but I got interrupted by King, "She's your new partner, no buts about it" He said. I frowned, then pulled the device that I got earlier out of my pocket, then put it on King's desk, "Here" I said, then I walked towards the door, ignoring Liann. King sighed as the door opened, I then left the office and headed towards mine as I heard the door close behind me.

Last edited by Mattias Ryder on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
SauronRevo
High Member of the forums

Main Protagonist
Name:: Sauron Revo
Health:
3250/3250  (3250/3250)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Adventures of Horus

Post by SauronRevo on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:37 am

Oh, just to let you guys know, the rest of the stories probably won't be this long, I just wanted to make sure to finish the whole mission before this chapter ended.

Edit: Wow... This took several hours to write, but only 10 minutes to read :-/

Last edited by Mattias Ryder on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:
3250/3250  (3250/3250)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:30 am

Tis good
Dex

Main Protagonist
Name:: Dex
Health:
3500/3500  (3500/3500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:13 am

(Thanks)

Chapter 2
A Partner

[Liannn]

"I'm sorry about how he acted" King said to me,
"It's ok, it wasn't your fault" I replied,
King nodded, "Well, on the next mission, he might realise he does need a partner" He said,
"What is it?" I asked,
"You'll have to wait 'til Horus comes back for the briefing" King replied.
I nodded, "I'll have someone show you where your new office is" King said, and their was soon a knocking on the door, "That was quick" I said,
"Well I sent the message a minute ago" King said, smiling. I smiled back, then heard the door open, I turned around and saw a dog with yellow fur, a red shirt, red shoes, grey pants, and grey gloves with a red stripe down the middle, he also had two yellow tufts of hair poking up like a mohawk. "Liann, meet Rover. Rover, meet Liann" King said,
"Hey, Rover" I said,
"Hi, Liann" He said.
"So I guess you're here to show me my office?" I asked, he nodded. "Just follow me" Rover said,
"Got it" I replied.

After following Rover for a little bit, we got to a room and the door opened, it looked like it was brand new. There was a pine desk, with a black swiveling chair, a black laptop, a grey phone, and a lamp in the room. "This is it" Rover said,
"Thanks, Rover" I thanked him, he smiled, "Is there anything you need?" He asked, I shook my head, "Not at the moment, but thanks for asking" I said. Rover nodded, then walked off as the door closed. I looked around the room abit more, then I saw some keys next to the laptop, 'These must unlock my door from the outside' I thought, then I picked up the keys and put them in my pocket.

I hung around for an hour, just looking at the stuff and going through the laptop a little bit, when I recieved a call from King, I picked up the phone and put it to my ear, soon realising it was just a recorded message. "Meet me in my office, I've got a new mission for you" I heard King's voice say. I put down the phone and pressed a button, my door opened and I walked outside. I heard the door behind me close, then I just tried my key, to make sure that it was for the lock, and I heard the door lock, 'Good' I thought.

I reached King's door and watched it open, I saw Horus inside, looking at me as the door opened. I walked insie the room and heard the door shut behind me, then I saw Horus turn and look at King, so I brought my attention to King also. "You need to retrieve a hostage from Rapthos' holding cells. They've got our best scientist and plan on pulling all our information out of him." King said. I looked at Horus and just saw him standing there, thinking, then I looked back at King. King pressed a button and a hologram appeared on his desk, it started spinning, "This is Rapthos' prisoner cells where they are keeping the hostage. It will be heavily guarded and will require alot of stealth." King said. The hologram changed to show a tunnel, "This will be the easiest way into their territory. It will avoid all their detections, but you will have to travel on foot, the tunnel isn't big enough for any vehicles. You will have to be on the alert when walking through this tunnel, though, because there are rumors of monsters living inside that cave." King said,
"Monsters?" I asked,
"Yes," King answered, "They've been described as a giant animal that's half crab and half spider."
'Great...' I thought. "The hostage's name is Peter Johnston and he's a black bat, so he should stand out easily" King said.
"Is that all?" Horus asked, King nodded, "The sooner you start the better" King said,
"Got it, we'll start right away, King" Horus said,
"Good" King said, then he pressed a button and the door opened. Horus and I started to walk out the door, "Oh, one last thing" King said, then me and Horus turned around, "Yes?" I asked,
"Horus, you're going to have to take Liann in your car" King said, Horus nodded, then turned back around and continued walking, I then followed him and heard the door close behind me.

We reached a parking garage and went up to the third floor, then I followed Horus to a black sports car with black tinted windows. I then saw Horus look under his car, then over it, "What are you doing?" I asked, Horus didn't reply, he just unlocked the doors, then got in the driver side of the car, I then got in the passenger side of the car and buckled up. He started the engine and pulled out of the parking spot, then drove out of the parking garage after paying his ticket.

We reached the tunnel pretty quickly, and Horus parked his car in a spot that no one would probably look, then he unlocked the doors and we both got out, then we shut the doors and he locked the car. We started walking through the tunnel and I saw Horus pull out his silenced pistol, so I did the same. We walked for a while longer, then Horus stopped dead in his tracks, "Shhh" He whispered to me, so I stopped and started being as quiet as possible, then Horus turned and pointed his gun towards me. I closed my eyes instinctively and braced for the bullet, then I heard the gun go off…
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:
3250/3250  (3250/3250)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:48 pm

buuuuuum bum buuuuum getting better :D
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:
3500/3500  (3500/3500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 am

Yeah, I can't wait 'til later on where it gets real good. BTW, just wanna make sure you noticed, but you know that that was Liann when it was referencing I in chapter 2, right?
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:
3250/3250  (3250/3250)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:12 am

Yep :3
Dex

Main Protagonist
Health:
3500/3500  (3500/3500)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SauronRevo on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:37 am

Chapter 3
The Infiltration

[Horus]

I looked at the dying spider-crab like thing behind Liann. I saw Liann with her eyes closed, so I guess she thought that I was going to shoot her. I turned around and walked off as I heard the sounds of Liann turning around, and then a few seconds later coming after me. I still had my pistol in my hand as Liann came up beside me. “… Thanks” I heard Liann say, but I didn’t reply.

We reached the end of the tunnel without any more trouble, it was a quiet trip and I could tell it was awkward for Liann, but I was used having people around me being quiet. I was still holding onto my pistol as I crouched down at the mouth of the cave, I could hear footsteps outside thanks to my bat ears. “Stay here” I whispered to Liann, and then I quietly crept out of the cave and looked around. I almost instantly went to the ground as I saw about five troops walking around the cave, probably guarding it from the cave monsters.

I was hidden in some brush. I switched my pistol to non-lethal mode, then took aim for one of the guards while also watching the other guards. I waited until I could fire without being noticed, then I pulled the trigger, almost instantly the guard fell down. I watched as the other guards looked around for the person who shot their teammate, then I aimed at another guard and pulled the trigger, then quickly shot the next guard. They both fell down almost as soon as the bullets hit them. ‘Three down two to go’ I thought. I aimed at another guard and fired, the bullet hit him and he went down almost instantly, like the others, but now the captain of the guards noticed where I was. He aimed his gun at me so I stood up. “Drop the gun” he commanded, so I did as I was told, “Kick it over here” So I did, “Now put your hands in the air” I reached up, then I heard a gunshot. The guard fell to the floor, blood coming out of his side. Liann had shot him, I looked over at her as I put my hands back to my side, she was smiling at me, almost mocking me. I walked forwards towards where the guard had landed and picked up my gun. I then put my gun in my holster and started dragging the guards towards cover.

After I had hidden the guards me and Liann walked to the base while staying out of sight. I looked at the base, looking for a way to stealthily get inside. I turned to Liann and opened my mouth to speak, but she spoke first, “How about I go in through that back door there while you fly to the roof and enter through the top” She said, I looked at her and opened my mouth to speak, but again, she spoke first saying, “What, you can’t fly?”. “Yes, I can fly” I said, “But how are you gonna get over the electric fence and past those heavily armored guards AND get through the steel door?” I asked, she grinned, “Watch me” She said, then ran towards the gate. I watched as she did a frontflip over the electric fence, then kicking two guards mid-air in their heads. As she fought them, I flew to the roof. When I got up to the roof I looked over the side and saw Liann dusting herself off with four guards unconscious around here, “Wow…” I mumbled, surprised. Liann looked up at me, grinning, then she approached the door while dragging a guard with her. She scanned the guard’s thumb and the door opened, she then dropped the guard’s hand and walked inside. I walked over to a glass part of the roof while thinking, ‘Maybe her being my partner isn’t too bad after all…’, but I wasn’t going to tell her that…
SauronRevo

Main Protagonist
Health:
3250/3250  (3250/3250)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content